Labels

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Moving is not fun.

       Yesterday we moved into a different apartment, a studio with a loft.  Part of the reason we took the old studio is we really wanted to live at Tradewinds which has a good reputation of being a safe and nice building, and not screwing you out of your deposit at the end of you stay.  Also we knew our landlords had a bigger studio with a loft becoming available after the first semester that we would have first dibs on.  When it became available after only a month I was excited, our old apartment wasn’t bad but the bed took up a large part of our living space and the furniture was kind of stiff. We didn’t have a full-sized fridge, no oven and no ventilation in our kitchen (and for someone who likes to cook this is a problem).  Now we have much more space, enough space now for an air mattress in our living room for those of you who want to visit.  Our new place is on the top floor, which is a lot more private.  I just hate living on the bottom floor where people walk by and look into your windows.  We have windows on both sides of our apartment now so the tradewinds can breeze through and cool down the place, and from the right side of the breakfast bar you can see the ocean J 
            Two wonderfully nice and generous friends of mine, Allie and Jackie, offered to help me move.  I said no thank you, we came with only 2 bags a piece I think I can handle it on my own.  So I sent Josh off to study and began my little task for the day.  Boy oh boy did I underestimate what a pain in the butt moving would be!  I do this every single time I move.  Lesson never learned.  We didn’t really have boxes so I made a hundred little trips up and down 3 flights of stairs in hot and humid weather (actual trips, probably closer to say 10 but 100 adequately captures my level of exhaustion).  Josh came home and was like, “Did you move anything?” and I was like “Um, I’m going to have to kill you if you make comments like that”.  So he helped with the really big stuff, which did not put him in the happiest of moods.  Needless to say it was a very trying evening and we’re still not finished.  Josh is not at all happy right now that we decided to move L

Here are pictures of our  new place…




1 comment: