Labels

Friday, June 3, 2011

Kaydence…my new niece.

Yesterday morning I got a call early from my mother, I knew something was up because it’s even earlier on the west coast…  “I have some news,….(extra-long pause, during which my mind races with all the juicy possibilities)… your brother has a 5 month old daughter”.  “Um, excuse me?!  Which brother? How?”.  Turns out my oldest brother Jovani found out the night before, through a paternity test, that he was in fact the biological father of a 5 month old little girl named Kaydence.  Absolutely, no warning just bam we have a baby in our family now.  The first grandchild. I’m an aunt. Here’s where I’ll admit I’m a little jealous, that I’ve got 6 years on my oldest brother and I didn’t get to supply the first grandchild.  I kinda knew that was going to happen because Josh and I won’t start trying until I’m 34 and that’s a little late but never-the-less it stings just a little bit.  I know, I’m a total brat J
The good news is now my mother is a grandmother just like she’s been wanting, so the pressure is off me J 
It’s weird to suddenly be an aunt though with no 9 months to get used to the idea.  It’s kind of a shock.  I really want to meet her but I just left California and we won’t be back for a visit until Christmas.  By then she’ll be almost a year old.  Everyone will get to know her and we’ll be auntie Lyssa and uncle Josh off in the Caribbean.  I’m realizing that being away from family will be hard, especially when we all start having kids. 

Here are a few pictures of my beautiful new niece, Kaydence Grace…


No comments:

Post a Comment