Labels

Saturday, June 4, 2011

29, one of the best years of my life!

Well today is my last day in my twenties.  I think absolutely 29 was the very best year of my life, now I know why my grandmother chooses to turn 29 every year J  I spent many wonder days of this past year hanging out with friends, having dinner parties, BBQing, and drinking margaritas on the deck of our little apartment in Santa Monica.  We watched 3 of our good friends get married.  We vacationed in Kauai.  I got engaged and married to THE MOST WONDERFUL MAN IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. I gained a new mom, dad, step-parents and brother…all wonderful in-laws, I feel so lucky. I ran a marathon, which is one of the most amazing feelings I’ve ever experienced!  We sold all of our belongings.  I drove across the country for the first time. And I moved to the beautiful island of St Maarten in the Caribbean.  And I became an aunt.

What an adventure, I don’t know if I can top that.

Tomorrow I begin my new adventures as a thirty-something year old woman!  A lot of women get very nervous about turning 30.  I think it’s going to be a wonderful decade…we will be settling into our careers, we’re married, we will start a family, will live in different cities, travel, and hopefully buy a house (if we’re lucky and can afford to with all the crazy student loan payments we’re going to have to pay every month J).  Thirty here I come!


(We took this picture minutes after Josh proposed, one of my happiest moments J)


1 comment: