Labels

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bored.

Ok I’m definitely going a little crazy now, we’ve been here almost two months and I’m BORED.  The last two days I basically sat around my hot apartment all day twiddling my thumbs.  I count down the hours until it’s time to make dinner.  I do the dishes like 3 times a day.  I do laundry every other day.  I check my email a 100 times daily but there just not enough emails coming through. I go to the gym which gives me a little sense of purpose to my morning, but even then I’m done by 9am. I have a bunch of girlfriends through the Spouses Organization but even they cannot entertain me 24-7.  I veg out on Sex and the City DVDs.  I feel bad that I’m wasting my time.  I could be building my website, or writing a book, or looking into getting licensed in NYC, or volunteering or something constructive, but I’m not.  I’m in a slump.  I need a routine.  I need a real J-O-B.  I want to feel like I’m making real money and contributing to our little family, I miss that.
            I was telling Josh the other day that I’m bored, have nothing to do and he was like “wow, that sounds nice”.  He is so busy he looks at me and thinks it would be nice to sit around all day with nothing to do.   I look at him and think it would be nice to work so hard, to have that sense of purpose and accomplishment.  I guess the grass is always greener.
The good news is I’m pretty sure this will be short term, I’ve applied for a teaching position and I have some prospects in the works so I’m hoping something will work out to fill my time during the day.  Until then, I’m going to complain to you folks J I’m 100% percent sure that once I have a job again I’ll be wishing I were back sitting at home with no responsibilities.
Here’s the thing… I think you have to be busy to fully appreciate having nothing to do.  I think you have to be poor to fully appreciate having money.  I think you have to date bad guys to fully appreciate a good one.  I think you have to experience the bad days to fully appreciate the good days.  That’s just life. In my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment