Labels

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My girls

I am headed out to California shortly (YAY!)  and as soon as I get back I have a job interview at the American private school here on the island, Learning Unlimited or LU for short.  I’m very excited at the prospect of having a full-time job to keep me busy and to feel like I’m doing something meaningful.  I’ve always been interested in teaching and I would love the opportunity to take a stab at it!  However, I also feel a bit sad that if I take on a full-time job it will cut down on my social activities with the other spouses.  One thing that has made this whole transition one hundred times easier has been the other girls on this island that I have made friends with.  There is nothing like girlfriends to talk to, hang out with, and who understand exactly what you’re going through.  Also, it’s unique to have so many friends who live just 5 minutes away.  It’s a tight-knit community over here.  I love how I run into people I know constantly on the street, stop to chit-chat, gripe about the weather, etc, etc.  We hang out at each other’s houses, watch movies to pass the time, take group trips to the grocery store, swim at the pool, work out together, keep each other company in the Rotunda when the electricity is out, go out for coffee or lunch, and so forth.  There are a couple spouses who are pregnant, they help each other out going to appointments together and share lists of what they cannot eat.  There are spouses with small children, they help each other out with babysitting and finding baby stuff on the island.  There are spouses who like happy hours and they help each other out in that department too J  I’m so glad we chose to come to this school where there are so many spouses and support for us.  One of the main reasons Josh chose this school was because he felt I would have an easier time adjusting on a bigger island with more to do and at a school that took such good care of their spouses.  It has made a world of difference and I’m so glad to have a husband who puts my needs at such a high priority without even being asked.  I'm so lucky to have found such a wonderful man to spend my life with!
Here are some pictures of the girls and I...





2 comments:

  1. So sweet and I feel the exact same way Lyssa! I feel like we are all such good friends, and I don't even want to think about when we have to leave :( Am I your happy hour girl? ha ha I hope so! Speaking of, it's about that time again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll help you out with happy hour too! :)

    ReplyDelete