Labels

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Jimbo's Mesquite Grill


 

We had a spouse's night out the other night at Jimbo's.  It was a lot of fun.  Jimbo's is in Simpson Bay in that same little complex as Zee Best.  The atmosphere was cute, all open with streams and ponds and plants everywhere.  The service was good, our waitress was friendly (a little slow paced but that's normal for the island), and at one point the owner came by to chat us up.  The food was meh.  This place is described as CaribMex food, so considering that I have very high standards when it comes to my mexican food I was thoughtful in my selection.  I decided it best to go with the combo fajitas (combo of steak, chicken, and shrimp) because they were labeled as "famous" and I figured who can really screw up fajitas.  They were MEH!  And expensive! $25!  Most of the choices I was considering were in the $25 range.  There were some dishes that were as low as $15 all the way up to the lobster/shrimp dishes closer to $40-50.  So this place is pretty expensive and definately not worth the quality (as are a lot of the restaurant choices here on the island).  I was with a big group of girls and this seemed to be the consensus.  On the plus side, they had two-for-one happy hour until 7pm and the margaritas were pretty good.  The Spouse's Organization paid for my dinner otherwise I probably would have never come here and I'll probably never be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment