Labels

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Carousel for gelato!

The Spouses Organization had a fun event the other day “Gelato Day” (self explanatory).  We went down to the Carousel where they sell gelato.  I don’t know if that’s the name of the place but it’s where the big carousel is on the island, which if you’re here I’m sure you’ve heard people talking about it...or, maybe I’ve just heard about it a lot because my S.O. sponsor is a gelato fiend! :)   One scoop is $3, two scoops $5.  I made a big mistake and got two scoops because I couldn’t decide and all the flavors I sampled were tasty!  They let you sample any flavor you want, but they don’t look happy about it.  They don’t look happy about anything come to think of it.  I sampled chocolate, strawberry and coconut...all VERY delicious.  I had a bite of my friend’s Kiwi and I thought it was meh, but she loved it.  My analysis: Just as good as the gelato in Italy, of course it has been 4 years since I was last there...but go, it will not disappoint.  Unless you get two scoops and are disappointed that you can’t finish both and half to throw half of it out like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment